New Facilities. New Offerings.
SUMMER SESSION 2014 at The Agnes Irwin School offers flexible programming for boys and girls and a wide range of options for all ages!
June 16 - July 25, 2014 • BOYS & GIRLS • Rising PreK-Grade 12
FEATURING TWO NEW PROGRAMS:
- i2 Camp – only location in Philadelphia area • June 16-July 25. A series of one-week courses for middle school boys & girls (grades 5-8) that blends Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) through fun-filled curriculum and activities developed by MIT, NASA, Woods Hole and other leading STEM organizations. Visit www.i2camp.org for more information or to enroll.
- The Real Deal: A Leadership Academy for Girls • July 14-18. Discover what it means to “lead like a girl,” and how women leaders approach making a real difference in the world. An engaging one-week program to develop the leadership potential of girls entering grades 7-9. Email email@example.com for more information. Real girls. Real voices. Real impact.
NEW Camp Clever Owl, a fun-filled and educational morning program for children in grades 3 and 4; this camp builds on the success of our Camp Little Owl, a fabulous morning program for PreK-K and Camp Wise Owl for grades 1 and 2, introduced last year.
COACH DUCK’S GIRLS’ LACROSSE SUMMER CAMP
Come join Coach Jenny Duck’s camp for cutting-edge ATTACK-DEFENSE-MIDFIELD skill sessions. You will focus on goalie instructions and stick skills. Top collegiate players will help instruct on attack-defense-midfield strategies. There will be several opportunities for on-field decision making to build skills and confidence on the field. More information.
GIRLS’ FIELD HOCKEY CLINIC
- Come join Ali Brant, former college coach and current AIS Varsity field hockey coach, to focus on positioning, shooting and fundamental stick work to prepare you for the next level of field hockey. You will get an opportunity to work with some of the best players at Agnes Irwin, develop better game sense and be challenged with new skills and concepts to implement into your game. More information.
LEARN TO ROW, for grades 5-8 – NEW
- Agnes Irwin is happy to offer Learn To Row clinics this summer. Led by AIS Crew Coach Tom Corcoran, students will learn the basics of the rowing stroke, utilizing a rowing tank and ergometers in the new, state-of-the-art Sonnenfeld Rowing Center. Students will gain a basic understanding of the sport in general – terminology, race structure and types of workouts. This is a great opportunity for a child to try rowing without having to go to a boathouse. LearnTo Row is also a fun and challenging fitness routine. Space limited. More information.
SQUASH, for grades 3-4, 5-8 and 9-12 – NEW
- Alex Stait, AIS Director of Squash and former ranked number 52 in the world as a player, will be bringing his expertise to the Summer Squash Clinics, designed to help the beginner/intermediate player get a firm grasp of the techniques needed to reach a high level. The 1.5-hour sessions will focus on technique and hand-eye coordination and will be a great way to give your child a fantastic start in the sport. We look forward to seeing you on the court! Space limited, Week of June 23 only. More information.
- Come on out to our new tennis courts and join AIS Tennis Coach Wendy Short as she teaches you the fundamentals of the game. We will play fun games that will help you improve your hand-eye coordination and teach you the basics of the game. You will learn how to serve, volley, hit a forehand and backhand, and keep score. Led by experienced coaches, group instruction will be provided at beginner, advanced beginner and intermediate levels. On our beautiful, newly renovated tennis courts, learn a sport that you can enjoy and play with others. More information.
NIKE GIRLS’ BASKETBALL CAMP – NEW
- The Agnes Irwin School joins the Nike Basketball Camp family for 2014 to host this complete-skills girls basketball camp. Camp is directed by West Chester University Assistant Coach Bridget Carlin and features an air-conditioned gym, staff drawn from current college assistants and college players from the Philadelphia area, daily competitions, guest speakers and camp T-shirt and prizes.
- For more information, visit: http://www.ussportscamps.com/basketball/nike/nike-girls-basketball-camp-agnes-irwin-school/
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.672.1272.
See below for the Summer Session 2014 catalog with the full range of offerings.
Summer Session 2014 Catalog