Why Agnes Irwin?
Because we know girls
There are many reasons to choose an Agnes Irwin education. No matter what prompted you to consider AIS, you will quickly realize the numerous benefits of our all-girls community.
At Agnes Irwin, we know girls. Each decision we make about our students' education rests in research on how girls learn and what is best for them. A wealth of research demonstrates that girl-centered education:
- Prepares girls for success in a coed world;
- Inspires girls to develop high expectations for themselves;
- Cultivates a willingness to take calculated risks in the classroom;
- Gives girls greater academic self-confidence and engagement;
- Leads girls to elect higher-level math and science courses;
- Promotes higher participation in extracurricular activities like athletics and the arts;
- Encourages girls to develop leadership and public speaking skills; and
- Yields, on average, higher SAT scores and a greater interest in post-undergraduate education.
While girls’ schools share many similarities, Agnes Irwin stands apart.
For more information on the benefits of girls’ schools, visit the National Coalition of Girls’ Schools website.