Information for Enrolled Families
We are thrilled to congratulate our newly enrolled families and welcome you to the Agnes Irwin community! We’ve created this webpage especially for new parents and students, and hope you will use it as a resource over the next several months as we prepare your family for the 2020-2021 school year. Check this page regularly as we will continue to update it with events and information for you as you get to know our community better.
Congratulations, and welcome to Agnes Irwin!
While the world around us continues to adapt to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, our community of educators has gathered together to create a vibrant, dynamic, and engaging new learning environment for each of our terrific girls. Our founder, Miss Agnes Irwin, was a bold leader who felt girls deserve the very best education possible and our faculty has embraced her pioneering spirit as they created AIS Online, our new signature program.
Our campus is currently closed to visitors as we follow the new protocols for safety in this time of COVID-19. Our Admission team is working remotely and is in the process of reimagining the programming that we offer to enrolled families over the course of the spring months. As always, our team is eager to connect with you! If you are unsure who to connect with, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of us will be in touch within 24 hours.
Announcing Our 14th Head of School
Following a nationwide search, we are pleased to announce the appointment of Sally B. Keidel as the 14th Head of The Agnes Irwin School. Our new Head of School began on July 1, 2020.
Sally, who spent six years as Head of The Montgomery School, has enjoyed success in a variety of roles throughout her nearly 30-year career in education. Prior to assuming headship of The Montgomery School, she served as Assistant Head of The Agnes Irwin School from 2012-2014, as well as Director of Admission and Financial Aid from 2007-2014.
- Read the new Head of School announcement from Ginny Sharp Williams ’88, Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Read a letter from Incoming Head of School Sally Keidel
- Read Sally's first official letter as the 14th Head of School.
- Read a letter from our Head of School regarding the reopening of school this fall.
Summer at AIS
Strength & Conditioning Program
Strength & Conditioning training over the summer is open to any AIS students interested in playing a Middle or Upper School sport at Agnes Irwin. Training is being held virtually, 2 days per week, concluding on August 13th. For more information and to register, please email Coach Janis at email@example.com and let her know that you are a new family and are interested in joining the program.
Summer Assignments are now available for your daughter! Using your AIS-On account, navigate to the Resources page, then click on the “Summer Assignments” box. This will take you to our Summer Assignments webpage, where you will find assignments by grade. If you have any questions about summer assignments, please contact your Division Directors: Elizabeth Elizardi (Lower School), Cintra Horn (Middle School), and Lisa Webster (Upper School).
- Submit Medical & Dental records to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit Final Transcript & Medical Records Release form to your daughter’s current school.
- Complete the “Staying Connected” document from the Development Office and submit to AIS-StayingConnected@agnesirwin.org.
- Submit a current picture of your daughter to Caroline Slingluff, Associate Director of Middle School Admission, to email@example.com.
- Complete the Lower School Dismissal Form (if applicable). Lower School parents are required to log into AIS-On and complete the online dismissal form (look for the yellow banner) by Friday, August 28. The form will be active beginning July 1.
- Certain medical conditions require action plans/care plans to be completed by your child's physician and kept on file with the school nurses. The following forms must be renewed annually and on file in the Health Center prior to the start of the school year: Anaphylaxis Action Plan (food or bee sting allergy), Seizure Disorder Action Plan, Asthma Action Plan, Diabetes Action Plan.
- All students who need to take prescription medication or over-the-counter medication other than Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Benadryl, and Tums during the school day must have a Medication Administration Form signed by the physician and parent/guardian on file with the Health Center. Emergency medications including insulin, rescue inhalers, and EPI Pens, and can be carried and self-administered by Middle and Upper School students only with a Medication Administration Form on file and applicable Action Plan. Tylenol, Tums, Ibuprofen, and Benadryl are the only medications that the school nurse may administer to your child during the school day on an as-needed basis, but parents/guardians must list the medication of preference in the "medical" section in AIS-On. Please click here for an instructional presentation on how to complete this task.
Each student-athlete and a parent or guardian must complete Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest education (CAV) each year. A current Physical Examination Form must be on file with the school, so please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. A current physical examination is defined as an exam taking place within one year and one month of the current date (on a rolling basis). Physicals must be submitted by July 15 for all fall sport student-athletes in grades 6-12 (please email physicals to email@example.com).
Upcoming School Events
Come see Agnes Irwin students in action! The Admission Office invites you to be our guest at one or more of the following events. Learn more at the links below, and please reach out to the Admission team with any questions.
New Family Orientation
After you enroll your daughter, you will receive an email from your Division Director which will include an introductory message, as well as several PDF documents that contain a packet of information about various aspects of our program. You will also receive an email from the Office of Admission concerning your Student and Family information profile in our student information system, AIS-On. The email contains step-by-step instructions for ensuring the student and family information that we have on file is complete and accurate. You are invited to speak to either Claire Lewis or Deb Goggins as a follow-up to this activity to review your data and to get help as needed.
Placement Activities for New Middle and Upper Schoolers
After you enroll your daughter, you will receive an email from Claire Lewis, Admission Office Manager, with your daughter’s placement activities. These activities are to be completed within a certain time frame at home, and further specific details will be included in the email you receive.
Friendship Family Information
At Agnes Irwin, we value the importance of connecting your daughter with current students and you with current parents. With this in mind, we have created our Friendship Family program, which does just that! Please expect to hear from our office shortly after you enroll with more information, as we hope that you will be able to form meaningful connections before the school year begins!
The School Store is here for all of your Agnes Irwin uniform purchases and spirit gear needs! You should have received an email regarding how to shop this summer. If you have any questions, please reach out to the Admission Office for more information!
The RenAISsance Store features gently used uniform pieces for a comfortable, already broken-in fit! At this time, the RenAISsance Store is closed to shoppers due to COVID-19. Please continue to check back for an update on how and when to purchase gently used uniform items for your daughter!
Bridge Program for 9th Grade
Join enrolled students from The Agnes Irwin School and our brother school, The Haverford School, as we come together to make friends and prepare for the excitement of Upper School! Bridge provides a relaxed program for all members of the Class of 2024, introducing students to one another and to Upper School life through a variety of fun-filled activities. There are neither tests nor homework.
In consultation with The Haverford School, we have made the decision to postpone Bridge until August 2020. Bridge will run August 19-21, and will not interfere with pre-season for fall athletes. We will evaluate the feasibility of these dates, due to the circumstances of COVID-19, in late July.
Check Back Soon!
The Admission Office frequently updates this page to share upcoming events of interest for families that are new to Agnes Irwin. Check back in the new year for details on the 2020-2021 calendar, including but not limited to:
- Back To School Picnic: September 2020
- Parents' Night
- Lower School: September 24, 2020
- Middle School: September 17, 2020
- Upper School: September 23, 2020
- Medical and other forms: posted late spring, due August 1, 2020