We are so pleased that you are considering The Agnes Irwin School for your daughter! Below, you'll find the process for applying to Grades 1-4.
Step 1: Parent Visit
The parent visit is an important first step in the application process and includes a guided tour of the Agnes Irwin campus, followed by an interview with one of our admission officers. You will have the opportunity to learn about our offerings, ask questions, and help us to get to know your daughter. Typically, scheduling your daughter’s visit also takes place during the Parent Visit, since families must submit an application prior to their daughter’s visit.
You may arrange an individual parent visit by emailing Associate Director of Lower School Admission and Outreach Megan McHugh or calling her at 610-526-1672.
Step 2: Online Application
Applying online is easy! Click here to begin an online application. The process includes uploading your daughter’s photo, completing the new student application, and submitting the corresponding $50 application fee.
If you are unable to complete the application online, please email our Admission Office at email@example.com or call 610-526-1667 to request a paper application.
Please note that applicants seeking tuition assistance must indicate their intention to apply for tuition assistance on the admission application.
Step 3: Student Visit
Upon receipt of the application, we will schedule a student visit during which your daughter will spend time getting to know our students, faculty, and campus.
Applicants to Grades 1-4 will spend a full day visiting their current grade and getting a feel for a typical day at AIS. Reading, writing, and math assessments will be performed. Lunch and snack are provided.
Other details to note:
- Applicants to grades 1-4 should arrive by 8:15 a.m. Parents should enter campus by the stone pillars and park in the reserved Admission parking spaces facing the athletics field. An admission director will meet you in the Lower School Lobby.
- The girls here are active and busy! Children should wear comfortable school clothing (no jeans or t-shirts, please), including sneakers and outerwear appropriate to the weather.
- Students do not need to bring anything with them.
- For full day visitors, snack and lunch are provided. If your daughter prefers to bring her own lunch on her visit day, that is fine. Please alert us to any food allergies prior to your daughter’s visit so that we may discuss treatments, if needed, and plan accordingly with our school nurse.
Step 4: Testing
Testing is required for all applicants to The Agnes Irwin School. Applicants in Grades 1-4 are asked to provide results from either:
- Under age 6: The Wechsler Preschool & Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI)
- Age 6 and up: The Wechsler Intelligence Test (WISC-IV)
Both the WPPSI and the WISC are performed by an educational psychologist of the parents’ choice. The cost is covered by the family. Please contact the Admission Office if you need assistance in selecting an educational psychologist. We will be happy to give you a list of suggestions.
Step 5: School Forms
Recommendations and records from your daughter’s current school are an important part of the application process.
- The Release of Records Form (available on the Forms & Downloads page) authorizes your daughter’s school to release her records to Agnes Irwin. Please complete and sign this form and give it to your daughter’s current school. Her records will be sent directly to Agnes Irwin and are kept confidential.
- Applicants should submit the Teacher Recommendation Form (available on the Forms & Downloads page) to your daughter’s current homeroom teacher after November 1, 2018. The recommendation will be sent directly to Agnes Irwin, and its contents will be kept confidential. By signing the form, you accept the confidentiality agreement.
Ready to chat?
Click the button below to provide your contact information to our Associate Director of Lower School Admission and Outreach Megan McHugh.
Please feel free to email Associate Director of Lower School Admission and Outreach Megan McHugh or call her at 610-526-1672 with any questions you may have.