We are so pleased that you are considering The Agnes Irwin School for your daughter! Below, you'll find the process for applying to Grades 2-4.
Step 1: Parent Visit
The parent visit is an important first step in the application process and includes a guided tour of the Agnes Irwin campus, followed by an interview with one of our admission officers. You will have the opportunity to learn about our offerings, ask questions, and help us to get to know your daughter. Typically, scheduling your daughter’s visit also takes place during the Parent Visit, since families must submit an application prior to their daughter’s visit.
You may arrange an individual parent visit by emailing Associate Director of Lower School Admission and Outreach Megan McHugh or calling her at 610-526-1672.
Step 2: Online Application
Applying online is easy! Click here to begin an online application. The process includes uploading your daughter’s photo, completing the new student application, and submitting the corresponding $50 application fee.
If you are unable to complete the application online, please email our Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-526-1667 to request a paper application.
Please note that applicants seeking tuition assistance must indicate their intention to apply for tuition assistance on the admission application.
Step 3: Student Visit
Upon receipt of the application, we will schedule a student visit during which your daughter will spend time getting to know our students, faculty, and campus.
Applicants to Grades 2-4 will spend a full day visiting their current grade and getting a feel for a typical day at AIS. Reading, writing, and math assessments will be performed. Lunch and snack are provided.
Other details to note:
- Applicants to grades 2-4 should arrive by 8:15 a.m. Parents should enter campus by the stone pillars and park in the reserved Admission parking spaces facing the athletics field. An admission director will meet you in the Lower School Lobby.
- The girls here are active and busy! Children should wear comfortable school clothing (no jeans or t-shirts, please), including sneakers and outerwear appropriate to the weather.
- Students do not need to bring anything with them.
- For full day visitors, snack and lunch are provided. If your daughter prefers to bring her own lunch on her visit day, that is fine. Please alert us to any food allergies when you complete the visit day form emailed to you prior to your daughter’s visit. If applicable, we will discuss treatments or any expectations if needed, and plan accordingly with our school nurse.
Step 4: Testing
Testing is required for all applicants to The Agnes Irwin School. Applicants in Grades 2-4 are required to submit the results of the ISEE Primary Level Test. Families need to register for this test at erblearn.org. The ISEE Primary may be taken at the locations listed below on the scheduled dates. You are welcome to test on the date and location that is most convenient for your family — your daughter does not need to take the test at The Agnes Irwin School. For the 2019-20 school year, we will accept the WISC testing that has been administered within the last two years in lieu of the ISEE Primary.
- Saturday, October 26 at 9 a.m. | The Shipley School
- Saturday, November 16 at 9 a.m. | The Episcopal Academy
- Saturday, November 23 at 9 a.m. | The Agnes Irwin School
- Saturday, December 7 at 9 a.m. | The Episcopal Academy
- Saturday, January 25 at 9 a.m. | The Shipley School
Step 5: School Forms
Recommendations and records from your daughter’s current school are an important part of the application process.
- The Release of Records Form (available on the Forms & Downloads page) authorizes your daughter’s school to release her records to Agnes Irwin. Please complete and sign this form and give it to your daughter’s current school. Her records will be sent directly to Agnes Irwin and are kept confidential.
- Applicants should submit the Teacher Recommendation Form (available on the Forms & Downloads page) to your daughter’s current homeroom teacher after November 1, 2019. The recommendation will be sent directly to Agnes Irwin, and its contents will be kept confidential. By signing the form, you accept the confidentiality agreement.
Ready to chat?
Click the button below to provide your contact information to our Associate Director of Lower School Admission and Outreach Megan McHugh.
Please feel free to email Associate Director of Lower School Admission and Outreach Megan McHugh or call her at 610-526-1672 with any questions you may have.