We are so pleased that you are considering The Agnes Irwin School for your daughter! Below, you'll find the process for applying to Grades 5-8.
Applying online is easy! Click here to begin an online application. The process includes completing the new student application, and submitting the corresponding $50 application fee.
If you are unable to complete the application online, please email our Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-801-1202.
Please note that applicants seeking tuition assistance must indicate their intention to apply for tuition assistance on the admission application and with their Admission Director.
After the first admission deadline, we welcome applications at any time during the year on a rolling basis. Please call the Admission Office at 610-801-1202 so we can help you get the process started.
Parent Interview & Optional Tour
As part of the application, parents of applicants in Grades 5-8 are required to complete a parent interview at any time throughout the process. This conversation will give you an opportunity to learn more about our curriculum, ask questions and tell us more about your daughter. Additionally, we encourage you to arrange a private tour with one of our student tour guides or join us for any one of our admission events. The campus tour can either be separate or followed by your parent interview with an Admission Director.
You may arrange an individual parent tour and interview by calling the Admission Office at 610-801-1202.
All students in Grades 5 through 8 will need to complete a student interview as part of their application process. Your daughter will meet with an Admission Director for about 20 minutes and does not need to prepare anything in advance. We encourage your daughter to share her accomplishments, and ask any questions that come to mind!
Testing is required for all applicants. Please visit the websites linked below for more information and to determine which option is best for your daughter.
- Applicants to Grade 5 are asked to provide the results of either the Wechsler Intelligence Test (WISC-IV), an aptitude test for children six years of age and older that is performed by an educational psychologist of the parents’ choice, or the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE).
- Grade 6-8 applicants are required to submit the results of either the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) or the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT).
The family is responsible for scheduling and associated costs of the test. Please contact the Admission Office if you need assistance in selecting an educational psychologist. We will be happy to give you a list of suggestions.
Testing results must be submitted directly from the testing organization to Agnes Irwin.
Recommendations and records from your daughter’s current school are an important part of the application process.
- The Release of Records Form (available on the Forms & Downloads page) authorizes your daughter’s school to release her records to Agnes Irwin. Please complete and sign this form and give it to your daughter’s current school. Her records will be sent directly to Agnes Irwin and are kept confidential.
- Applicants should submit the Teacher Recommendation Form (available on the Forms & Downloads page) to your daughter’s current school. The recommendation will be sent directly to Agnes Irwin, and its contents will be kept confidential. By signing the form, you accept the confidentiality agreement.
- Applicants to Grades 5 need one teacher recommendation from their current homeroom teacher.
- Applicants to Grades 6-8 need teacher recommendation(s) from current English and math teachers.
Decisions and Notification
All applications that are complete by the first admission deadline, December 1, 2023, will receive notification on their admission decision prior to Agnes Irwin's Winter Break. Starting in January 2024 the Admission Committee will consider applications as they become complete, and decisions will be shared within two weeks of receipt of a completed application file. All accepted families will then have until March 1, 2024 to inform us of their decision regarding enrollment by submitting an enrollment deposit and agreeing to the Perpetual Contract. For those who are accepted after March 1, 2024, their enrollment decisions must be made within two weeks of receiving an acceptance.
Please feel free to contact our office at 610-801-1202 or email@example.com with any questions you may have.