We are so pleased that you are considering The Agnes Irwin School for your daughter! Below, you'll find the process for applying to Grades 9-12.
Applying online is easy! Click here to begin an online application. The process includes uploading your daughter’s photo, completing the new student application, and submitting the corresponding $50 application fee.
If you are unable to complete the application online, please email our Admission Office at email@example.com or call 610-526-1667 to request a paper application.
Please note that applicants seeking tuition assistance must indicate their intention to apply for tuition assistance on the admission application.
We welcome applications at any time during the year on a rolling basis, including after our first admission application deadline, December 4, 2019. Please call the Admission Office at 610-526-1667 so we can help you get the process started.
Parents of applicants in Grades 9-12 may arrange a private tour at any time in the application process. The parent visit takes approximately one hour and 15 minutes, and includes a student-led tour, followed by a conversation with an admission director. You will have the opportunity to learn about our curriculum, ask questions, and tell us more about your daughter.
Typically, scheduling your daughter’s visit also takes place during the Parent Visit, since families must submit an application prior to their daughter’s visit. This visit may also take place on the same day as your daughter’s visit.
You may arrange an individual parent visit by calling the Admission Office at 610-526-1667.
When you have decided to apply, you should call to arrange for your daughter to attend one of our scheduled visit days. She will have a chance to spend time with our students, meet our faculty in classes, as well as interview with an admission counselor.
Applicants to Grade 9 will spend half a day in the Middle School with their current grade (and potential future classmates!) and half a day with Grade 9 to experience Upper School. Applicants to grades 10-11 will spend a full day visiting their current grade. No assessments will be performed during the visit.
Other things to know:
- What to wear: If you have a school uniform, you can wear it — many visitors do. If you don’t, you can wear “business casual“ attire (dress, black/colored pants, shoes in good repair). Visitors should not wear jeans or tank tops.
- What to bring: You don’t need to bring any school materials with you. Bring any medications/inhalers that may be needed over course of your visit. We will also let the nurse know of medical concerns.
- Lunch: For full day visitors, snack and lunch are provided free of charge. If you feel more comfortable bringing your own lunch, you may — but our cafeteria has amazing food!
Testing is required for all applicants. Students applying to Grades 9-12 are required to submit the results of either the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) or the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT).
The family is responsible for scheduling and associated costs of the test.
Testing results must be submitted directly from the testing organization to Agnes Irwin.
Recommendations and records from your daughter’s current school are an important part of the application process.
- The Release of Records Form (available on the Forms & Downloads page) authorizes your daughter’s school to release her records to Agnes Irwin. Please complete and sign this form and give it to your daughter’s current school. Her records will be sent directly to Agnes Irwin and are kept confidential.
- Applicants should submit the Teacher Recommendation Form (available on the Forms & Downloads page) to your daughter’s current school. Applicants to grades 9-12 must submit the recommendation form to both your daughter's current English teacher and current math teacher. The recommendations will be sent directly to Agnes Irwin, and their contents will be kept confidential. By signing the form, you accept the confidentiality agreement.
Decisions and Notification
Our Admission Committee will begin reading completed applications in early December, and decisions will be announced in late December for all applicants who have completed their applications by the first deadline, December 4, 2019. After the winter holiday, applications will be reviewed weekly and decisions will be released on a rolling basis. All accepted families will then have until March 1, 2020 to inform us of their decision regarding enrollment.
Please feel free to contact our office at 610-526-1667 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.