We are so pleased that you are considering The Agnes Irwin School for your daughter! Below, you'll find the process for applying to PreKindergarten, Kindergarten, and Grade 1.
Step 1: Parent Visit
The parent visit is an important first step in the application process and includes a guided tour of the Agnes Irwin campus, followed by an interview with one of our admission officers. You will have the opportunity to learn about our offerings, ask questions, and help us to get to know your daughter. Typically, scheduling your daughter’s visit also takes place during the Parent Visit, since families must submit an application prior to their daughter’s visit.
You may arrange an individual parent visit by emailing Associate Director of Lower School Admission and Outreach Megan McHugh or call her at 610-526-1672.
Step 2: Online Application
Applying online is easy! Click here to begin an online application. The process includes uploading your daughter’s photo, completing the new student application, and submitting the corresponding $50 application fee.
If you are unable to complete the application online, please email our Admission Office at email@example.com or call 610-526-1667 to request a paper application.
Please note that applicants seeking tuition assistance must indicate their intention to apply for tuition assistance on the admission application.
Step 3: Student Visit
Applicants for PreKindergarten and Kindergarten will spend part of a morning at Agnes Irwin. We have scheduled visit days for PreKindergarten and Kindergarten applicants on Saturday, November 16, 2019 at 9 a.m., and Saturday, December 7, 2019 at 9 a.m. Visits are planned as a small group experience, designed to provide an informative and comfortable introduction to our school and our teachers, while engaging the girls in a variety of group and one-on-one activities. First grade applicants will spend a full school day visiting the Kindergarten class and getting a feel for a typical day at AIS. Assessments will be performed by the classroom teacher. We will provide parents with detailed feedback from teachers within a few days of the visit.
Other details to note:
- Applicants should arrive five minutes prior to the visit start time that will be shared when you schedule your appointment.
- Please park in the reserved Admission parking spaces and enter the Lower School building through the doorway between the stone pillars.
- The girls here are active and busy! Children should to wear comfortable school clothing (no jeans or t-shirts please), including sneakers and outwear appropriate to the weather.
- Students do no need to bring anything with them.
- For full day visitors, snack and lunch are provided. If your daughter prefers to bring her own lunch on her visit day, that is fine. Please alert us to any food allergies when you complete the visit day form emailed to you prior to your daughter's visit. If applicable, we will discuss treatments or any expectations if needed, and plan accordingly with our school nurse.
Step 4: Testing
Testing is required for all applicants.
- PreK, K, and Grade 1 applicants receive an individual assessment that is administered at The Agnes Irwin School.
Step 5: Teacher Recommendation
Recommendations and records from your daughter’s current school are an important part of the application process.
PreK, K, and Grade 1 applicants should submit the Teacher Recommendation Form (available on the Forms & Downloads page) to your daughter’s current homeroom teacher after November 1, 2019. The recommendation will be sent directly to Agnes Irwin, and its contents will be kept confidential. By signing the form, you accept the confidentiality agreement.
Ready to chat?
Click the button below to provide your contact information to our Associate Director of Lower School Admission and Outreach Megan McHugh.
Please feel free to email Associate Director of Lower School Admission and Outreach Megan McHugh or call her at 610-526-1672 with any questions you may have.