Environmentally Friendly Food Service
CulinArt understands that environmental stewardship is important to the educational development of students at The Agnes Irwin School. Going beyond simply environmental awareness, CulinArt is a true partner in the school’s sustainability mission. Together, we want to be environmentally innovative, instructive, creative, and proactive.
At The Agnes Irwin School, CulinArt provides tasteful solutions that meet today’s needs while helping to preserve the needs of future generations.
- featuring fresh, local, seasonal produce when available
- offering sustainable, hormone-free and free-range menu items
- recycling in our kitchen and dining room
- reducing water usage and waste
- reclaiming used cooking oil for bio-fuel conversion
- using eco-friendly chemicals for cleaning
- using biodegradable and eco-friendly disposables
- offering china and flatware in our dining room
- instituting a no-idling policy with our vendors
- reducing our number of weekly deliveries
We will continue to develop green dining initiatives that help support our environment.